Pimple is a small papule or pustule and also a part of acne. Other than medical treatment, people also seek for home remedies for pimples. Pimples can actually happen at any age even though most of the time it happens when puberty. Pimples can affect any area especially face, neck, chest, and back. They grow in particular area of the skin where there are many sebaceous glands.
If your pimples condition is still light to moderate, you may try these home remedies:
- Frankincense oil – This oil can help reducing inflammation as well as killing the bacteria. In addition, it can help skin to grow healthy cells. You can use this oil to remove pimples. You can directly apply the oil on the skin. Or, dip a cotton bud into the oil and apply it only on the affected area. Do this treatment before sleep and let the oil on the skin overnight. You can also use other essential oils such as tea tree oil or castor oil.
- Epsom salt – You can use this salt to exfoliate dead skin cells. This salt is good at fighting bacteria as well as balancing your pH skin level. This will help to treat pimples on your back or shoulders instead of face. Apply Epsom salt water on the affected area and leave it for a few minutes. Rinse your skin with luke warm water followed by cool water. You can do this pimple treatment
- Apple cider vinegar – This vinegar helps to fight bacteria causing pimples. Besides, it also controls oil production of the skin. Mix a tablespoon of water and a tablespoon of vinegar. Use the cotton ball to apply the vinegar to affected area. Just leave it for a few minutes then rinse it with cool water.
- Fish oil – Omega-3 fatty acid in fish oil helps to control skin inflammation as well as make the healing process faster. You can take fish oil daily with water or open up the capsule then apply the oil to the affected area. Leave it for a few minutes then rinse it with cool water.
Pimples happen because sebaceous glands become more active. Then, dead skin cells along with bacteria cause the pore to clog and develop infection. Thus, the pimples appear. There are many types of pimples such as blackheads, whiteheads, nodules, cysts, etc. Cysts are the type of pimples which usually leave scars. Thus, it’s the best to know how to prevent pimples as follows:
- Drink water 10-12 glasses per day to help regulating your body and flush impurities out of your body.
- Keep your face clean by washing it twice a day.
- Reduce consumption of greasy or junk foods.
- Use moisturizer to keep your skin moist and prevent excessive oil production on the skin.
- Don’t touch your face carelessly especially when your hands are dirty.
- Stay away from UV rays or use sunscreen to protect your skin.
- Avoid stress by keeping positive mindset or exercising daily since it’s good for your whole body include your skin.
Best Cream To Remove Pimple Marks Fast
The cause of pimples is linked both to internal and external factor. For the external factor, you need to choose the best pimple cream. Meanwhile, you need to regulate healthy diet and stress management to overcome pimples caused by internal factor. Choosing the right cream, somehow so challenging. There are many over-counter products claimed to be effective in treating pimples. However, it doesn’t mean it will work on you. Thus, choosing the right cream might take a long journey unless you know how to do it.
Here are the tips to choose the best cream for your pimples to not make it worse and help soothing the inflammation:
- Choose cream based on the type of your skin. This will help you to narrow down your choice. If your skin type is dry, then you can go for cream containing extra moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated.
- Choose between all natural ingredients- cream or medicated cream. If you prefer natural ingredients-cream, choose the one containing fruit acids as well as organic botanicals. If you prefer medicated cream, choose the one containing salicylic acid to help exfoliating dead skin cells.
- If you want your pimples to dissapear in short-time, you can choose cream containing Benzoyl Peroxide. However, it cause your skin to be more sensitive to sunlight so you need to wear sunscreen.
After finding out the best cream for your pimple, the problem is not over yet. There are some types of pimples which leave scars even after they dissapear. Thus, you need to figure out the best method for pimple scar removal.
- Use topical vitamin C serum since vitamin C is the great agent to help your skin building collagen as well as fasten healing process.
- Never leave sunscreen even if you work indoor. The exposure to sunlight will make your pimple scar get worse. Thus, protect your skin by using sunscreen and reapply it if necessary.
- You can also use cream containing Retin-A. It makes skin cells to turn over more rapidly. Thus, the skin with discolored pigment will be pushed out quickly. Retinoids is often used as part of acne treatment as well as the after effect such as scars or hyperpigmentation. However, the use of retinoids will make your skin more sensitive to sunlight so you also need to wear sunscreen.
- If your pimple scars are severe, you might as well ask for doctor’s advice. You can also ask to get laser treatment to remove the scars. Laser can improve pimple scars by 30%. However, you may need more than once laser treatment to make significant improvement.
So the right ways for pimple solution are:
- Choose the right products for daily use based on the type of your skin.
- Choose soothing and calming cream to help reducing blemish and inflammation.
- Choose one product instead of many products to avoid making your skin over-dry.
- Regulate healthy diets by consuming more vegetables, and fruits. Not to mention drinking enough water at least 10-12 glass per day to improve your metabolism and skin problem.